Recreation Plantation RV Resort
Pickleball Tournament Classic: March 20-22, 2020
Friday March 20th – Women’s Doubles
Saturday March 21st – Mixed Doubles
Sunday March 22nd – Men’s Doubles
The “Recreation Plantation RV Resort Tournament Classic” will be held on Friday, March 20, Saturday, March 21, and Sunday, March 22, 2020 at Recreation Plantation RV Resort located at 609 Highway 466, Lady Lake, Florida 32159
- This is a Skill Level / Age Combination Tournament – You do not have to be a USAPA member to participate.
- You must be at least 50 years of age by December 31, 2020 to participate.
- Skill Ratings are: 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5.
- The Age Breakdowns in Skill Levels: 2.5/3.0, (50+, 60+, 70+,)
- The Age Breakdowns in Skill Levels: 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, (50+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+)
- 0 – 50+, 65+ if fewer than 4 teams they may be combined
- Entry Fee is $50 and includes up to 2 events, player bag, tournament shirt, ticket for prize drawings.
- If Double Elimination Format is used: All upper bracket matches will be 2 out of 3 games to 11 points win by 1 point, Back Draw matches will be one game to 15 points, win by 1 point. All final matches will be 2 out of 3 games to 11 points win by 2 pts, however, if the back draw player(s) win then there will be an additional game to 15 pts, win by 2 pts to determine First.
- There will be Referees for all Semi Final and Final Matches.
- If there are fewer than 7 teams in a division, that division may play a Round Robin Format. Games will be to 11 pts. Or 15 pts. Win by 1.
- Total Wins determines First, Second or Third Place. In the event of a tie, total overall points will be used. Lastly, Head to Head scores will be used.
- There are 14 beautiful Pickleball Courts at Plantation RV Resort.
- Water, Gatorade, apples, and fruit, will be provided for players.
- Pickleball Paddles, Equipment etc. will be sold at the tournament.
- Lunch will be available for purchase for players and spectators.
- There will be special drawings for prizes each day of competition!
- Tournament Directors Reserve the right to move any players not playing in the correct division. Tournament medal wins, ratings, other tournament Directors info on any player can be used to determine this. USAPA is not always updated reflecting correct ratings especially if you have been playing in non-sanctioned, Senior Games, local, surrounding states, or State Tournaments etc.
- Any Age Division or Skill Level that is combined to provide adequate playing time will be awarded separate medals providing there were at least two in that age or skill division.
- Tournament ball to be determined.
- Partners needing partners will be listed on the PickleballTournaments.com registration site. By using the site you can see others that need partners or adding your partner before the deadline.
- Partner Search at USAPA.org can also help you by listing your name and events needed or by finding someone on the site already looking.
Lodging – There are many hotels in the Villages and surrounding areas, along with area campgrounds. Recreation Plantation RV Resort – go to their web site to see if there are openings
There will be no mail in entries. You must register directly by going to: Pickleballtournaments.com
ON-LINE REGISTRATION OPENS: Friday, November 22, 2019
ON LINE REGISTRATION CLOSES: MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2020 AT 11:58PM
**THIS IS A NO-REFUND TOURNAMENT
**IN EVENT OF RAIN CANCELLATION NO REFUNDS
Additional emails will be sent out if needed as the tournament draws closer to inform you of any updated information. Please make sure your email address is listed at the registration site.